Thursday, August 22, 2013

New York Travel Festival 2013

Earlier this Spring I attended the Inaugural New York Travel Festival. I just launched this travel blog in March so I was very excited to find a travel related event only a month later in the New York City region (talk about perfect timing). 


I've attended many travel and food related events in the past such as Cook.Eat.Drink.Live (similar to the Food & Wine Festival), the New York Times Travel Show and even a Coffee & Tea Festival. However, I never seen an event like this one! The Bohemian National Hall was an amazing venue

In the media & press room


The New York Travel Festival opened with Andrew Evans from National Geographic Traveler as the keynote speaker. He gave a compelling story about his travel philosophy with amazing anecdotes from his life on the road and titled it..."Your Bucket Lists Sucks & I'm Gonna Tell Why". I knew I would enjoy myself for the rest of the time there!
"Go! Girl Guides: Thailand"
The venue consisted of multiple levels: the main stage for the panel discussions, breakout sessions for the smaller niche discussions, the "Taste of the Hudson Valley" room where there were sampling of wine, cheese and Moroccan food.


This event is perfect for those interested in learning more about the travel industry, relevant travel tips and a chance to travel the world without leaving the venue. The next Travel festival is taking place in Mossel Bay, South Africa October 18-20, 2013 click here for more information. 


Listed below are some of the breakout sessions and panels discussions that took place at the NYTF:

  • “Face to Face, Portraits of the Human Spirit”-with National Geographic photographer, Alison Wright
  • Expert-Level Trip  Preparation-with Matt Gross and Nomadic Matt, Author of How  to Travel the World on $50 USD Per Day”
  • “Get Out of Town: Great Adventures Near NYC” presented by offMetro “Where should I go this weekend?”

  

Founder of the NY Travel Festival Roni Weiss on the left


I have two more posts from the NYTF coming soon:

Couch Surfing Interview
Travel Tips for Women Traveling Solo

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Ms. JetAway looks like this was a pretty cool event. Did get a copy of the " Your bucket list sucks"? I'm looking forward to your next blog on traveling tips for women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there universe29! I can definitely get a copy of "Your Bucket List Sucks" by Andrew Evans and send your or just post it here on Project Jet Away. I'm so glad you are enjoying the posts thus far!

    ReplyDelete