Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Try Something New This Summer!

I can't believe its August already! I mean seriously time is just flying by this year. I hope everyone has been enjoying their summer so far. Growing up in Miami, Florida I never planned my summers; it is warm year-round except for a few weeks in January. However, since moving to NYC the land of extreme weather conditions I definitely plan accordingly now.


Summer 2011: Skydiving on Long Island
As New Yorkers we spend eight out of the twelve months in winter coats, leggings and boots. It starts to get cold in October and doesn't really warm up until June. In addition to my love for traveling (hence this travel blog) I also LOVE trying new activities. So since the summer is coming to an end, I encourage you to try something new this weekend. Don't think about it or talk yourself out of it....just go for it!


Summer 2009: Took a trapeze class at the New York Trapeze School

Check out my form!
Summer 2012: Joined a huge water gun fight in Central Park
I have to do this again!


Summer 2010: Kayaking on the Hudson








Summer 2013: Went luxury sailing for the first time in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
This is when it got pretty scary!
Have you tried anything new this summer? If so what was it?

Leave a comment

2 comments:

  1. I had a similar yacht experience when I was 12. We were visiting my uncle in Cancun and the waves were so choppy and the boat was rocking so hard that my other uncle who was sitting in a chair fell down. The water gun fight looked really fun. Maybe your next adventure should be a hot air balloon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, sailing is definitely an adventure but is also so relaxing. The water gun fight will go down as one the best summers ever (I went with a group of friends for my birthday). I plan to go again next summer. A hot air balloon ride seems so romantic...maybe one day :)

    ReplyDelete