Thursday, January 28, 2016

A Night at the Botanical Garden



Although, the holidays are a few weeks behind us now, I just had to share my most recent experience at the New York Botanical Garden (Holiday Edition). Located in the Bronx, with only a quick ride on the 6 train or Metro-North this enchanted garden will have you questioning why you don’t visit more often.

Two weeks ago on a Friday evening, I left the office drained and ready to enjoy every second of my weekend (in my bed, Lol). However, at the very last minute I was invited to attend the Holiday Train Show, an after-dark viewing of intricate model trains. I mean how could anyone say no? I pushed past my exhaustion and hopped on the Metro-North.






I was able to experience the model trains ride pass recreated famous attractions located in the heart of New York City such as the Brooklyn Bride, Yankee Stadium and Rockefeller Center, all while enjoying at night at the garden exclusively opened for adults 21 and over. The festive night also included complimentary cocktails (I opted for a coffee with Baileys Irish Cream), a fire show, ice sculpture carving demonstration and mouthwatering food trucks (my portion-controlled diet was non-existent at this moment).

The fire show




Yankee Stadium
The New York Botanical Garden
Rockefeller Center


All in all, it was a pleasant surprise and definitely an enjoyable night. My first time at the New York Botanical Garden was a memorable one. I can’t wait to return this Spring! Although, the Holiday Train Show is a seasonal show please be sure to check out their website for upcoming events taking place this year. 


The Garden is located at:
2900 Southern Blvd.
Bronx, NY 10458


Cheers to more adventures and new experiences in 2016!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Val! It was definitely a nice evening at the garden.

      Delete
  2. Hey LaToya! This is an incredible blog and that's awesome that you are going after what you want in life, absolutely love what you are doing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leanne! Thank you so much for the support. I'm so glad that you are enjoying my blog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete